Standard Terms and conditions
1. Prism Interior Services Ltd (“Prism Interiors”) are a contracting painting and decorating company. We undertake painting and wall papering activities under the instruction of the main contractor. Prism Care Ltd (“Prism Care”) undertake refurbishment and customer care works under the instruction of the main contractor. Collectively Prism Interiors and Prism Care are referred to as “Prism”. Prism are not a design or consultancy business.
2. All coatings are applied under the standard operating conditions of temperature and humidity of the manufacturer. Requests to apply coatings outside of these conditions must be backed up in writing and will invalidate any warrantee.
3. In new build properties, protection of floors, carpets etc remain the responsibility of the main contractor. Prism Interiors will not accept responsibility for damage to carpets or floors that have not been protected. In occupied properties Prism Care will ensure surfaces are adequately protected prior to commencing work.
4. All works are to be carried out to the relevant NHBC Standards. Quotes are made with these standards in mind.
5. We only warrantee work carried out by Prism operatives. Any coatings applied by non Prism operatives will invalidate any warrantee of the works carried out by Prism.
6. We warrantee that works will be carried out to the relevant NHBC Standard and for 12 months after application. This excludes physical damage by others, “hot tyre pick up”, ingress of water on to or under the painted surface other than on to the external surface of appropriately treated surfaces.
7. We will commence works on the basis of an agreed price for tendered work and/or an agreed day works price. If no price has been agreed for works that are in addition to the original tendered works our standard day rate of £300 per day shall be applied. If work is being undertaken on a time and materials basis we will provide sign-off sheets for the time taken by our operatives.
8. We work on the basis of implied consent - if we do not receive a signed timesheet within 7 days of issue it is assumed to be agreed and invoices would be due in full.
9. Work will commence only after a pre-dec snag has been completed and all remedial actions put in place. If Prism are requested to start works prior to all pre-dec snagging has been completed, then all revisits after completion of our works are deemed chargeable on our standard day rate.
10. It is the responsibility of the main contractor to ensure that a safe working environment for our operatives is provided. We will not undertake works in environments we assess as unsafe. Minimum standards set out in our health and safety policies must be met and we reserve the rights to withdraw from site if we feel our employees are being put at risk.
11. Standard payment terms are 30 days. We will invoice for completed works at the end of the calendar month and expect payment 30 days from this date.
12. If clear funds are not forwarded to Prism within the standard terms set out above – Prism reserve the right to cancel the agreement and charge a termination fee equal to the remaining balance of the contract.
terms and conditions.pdf